- Of being exposed as not as strong and superior as he pretends to be.
- Losing or not having financial control.
- Not being in control.
- Of showing his feelings and being vulnerable.
- Of pushing his family away from him and being alone.
- Not treating his partner and family with kindness.
- Not being able to control his temper.
- Not providing the family with sufficient physical needs.
- Embarrassment to ask from help from agency, as this would show weakness.
- Anger at society for demanding that he have the responsibility for family.
- Anger at partner for her wants and needs and demands.
- Anger at himself, for not being able to cope.