- Doesn’t know how to stop abuse.
- Doesn’t know how to get away from abuse.
- Doesn’t think anyone can help her.
- Feels responsible for his behavior, yet cannot change it.
- Fear that the abuse will continue.
- Fear that leaving the relationship may cause him to pursue her and possibly escalate the abuse.
- Fear of living alone.
- Fear that children will be emotionally and/or physically harmed.
- Fear of no financial security.
- Fear that no one will believe her.
- It is her fault that be abuses her, she must be doing something wrong.
- She isn’t providing a healthy environment for her children.
- Sometimes she may hit back or initiate the violence.
- Won’t tell others, doesn’t want them to blame her.
- Embarrassment that she could get herself into this situation.
- Can’t leave house when bruises apparent.
- Limits interaction with friends, doesn’t want them to know what her life is like.
- At herself for allowing herself to be in this violent situation.
- At him for being abusive and causing difficulties in the relationship.